The Dual Enrollment Program allows qualified students to take college classes and earn credit toward high school and an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree, Associate in Science (A.S.) degree or a career certificate at the same time.
The Dual Enrollment Program is governed by Florida Statute, the Florida Department of Education and an articulation agreement between Seminole County schools or a private school and Seminole State College. Please see the Florida Department of Education Dual Enrollment FAQ document for more detailed information.
Through this program, students can experience the challenge of college-level courses while they are still in high school. Seminole State offers two dual enrollment paths:
- Academic Dual Enrollment Path: Fulfills General Education courses toward an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree. The A.A. degree is guaranteed to transfer to any Florida public institution and complete the General Education requirements of that institution. A cumulative, unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 is required for this program.
- Career Dual Enrollment Path: Fulfills credit toward an Associate in Science (A.S.) degree or career certificate that may lead into an A.S. degree in select programs such as Criminal Justice, Computers, Business, and Pharmacy Tech. Students may enroll in Career Dual Enrollment with a 2.5 cumulative, unweighted high school GPA. However, if the A.S. program requires General Education courses, students must have a 3.0 GPA to take those courses.
Check out our Dual Enrollment Presentation given by SSC - Click Here
Dual Enrollment Procedures
Steps to Apply
SSC Dual Enrollment and Early College:
- Work with your school counselor to complete the SSC Dual Enrollment Application. Early College/Fulltime DE students must submit a new DE application requesting Early College.
- Submit the completed application (must be signed by your counselor) to email@example.com or you may also visit any SSC Student Services Department to meet with a specialist and an advisor.
- Enter Dual Enrollment courses in your Clever on the Dual Enrollment app. Once your courses are approved by your counselor in the DE app, print TWO copies of the form generated from the Dual Enrollment app. Submit one copy with your completed Seminole State Registration Form to SSC Dual Enrollment Office firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Present the other copy to an SSC Barnes & Noble College Bookstore staff member to receive your textbook(s). Review the Getting Your Materials site for more information.
- Once you are registered in your Dual Enrollment course, send a copy of your SSC schedule to your counselor.
SCPS Dual Enrollment . Congratulations on taking steps to become a dual enrollment or early admissions student! Your school counselor can help you to determine eligibility, discuss course options, and complete an application.