Seminole HS PTSA Mission
- To support and speak on behalf of Children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
We invite you to become a member and work with us this year. By joining PTSA, you add your voice to a powerful national organization that advocates for all of our children. At Seminole, the members of PTSA collaborate with administration, guidance, teachers, and other student and parent groups to help enrich the experiences of students, bring valuable resources to parents, and assist the teachers and staff who give so much to our kids each day.
General Meetings are held as required by our bylaws 3 times per year in the Media Center on the main campus where voting rights may be exercised by the general membership. We invite you to contact our new board with fresh ideas and opportunities to volunteer at SHS.PTSA@gmail.com
We would love to have your join and actively participate the Seminole High School PTSA by simply completing our online application - click here. There is a fee to join, we also accept cash and checks. Payments should be given to Ms. Jones in Warriror Hall.
- SHS PTSA Teacher Grant Application - Seminole High School teachers, did you know that you can apply for a PTSA grant if you are a member? Please submit a completed application and submit to Ms. Jones in Warrior or email to SHS.PTSA@gmail.com. To download the application - click here.
- SHS College & Career Center - The College & Career Center helps students and parents with their college search, career decision & scholarship selection. The purpose of this center is to provide college preparation guidance, scholarship information, match available scholarships with participating student profiles, and to share tips on essay writing and resume building.
- Our knowledge base is accessible online via a Google Drive link: http://bit.ly/shscollegecenter, and we welcome everyone to use this information. The link contains an abundance of information on financial aid, college applications, college visits, internship programs, college planning and more.
- Feel free to view our college roadmap which will help you reach your college goals by advising on what you should do each year while you are in high school - click here.
- Senior Painted Parking Spaces - Senior Painted Parking Spaces are almost sold out! There are 2 spaces available! Please download the application and bring to Ms. Stiffey in the bookkeeper’s office. Also, contact email@example.com after contacting Ms. Stiffey. The deadline is Oct. 11th. The cost of the space is $100 with a free PTSA membership included. The membership includes discount cards and the ability to apply for senior scholarships.
- The last painting day will be Sat. Oct. 12th from 8am to 12pm. More instructions will be given via email after the space is purchased.
- We’ve had some beautiful and creative spaces this year! See our gallery for examples - click here.
- Reflections - Do you enjoy art, music, and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films and taking photos? Then join us and have fun unleashing your inner artist with PTA Reflections! This year’s theme, “Look Within,” calls for your own unique interpretation through the arts. Check the guidelines and an entry form today - click here.
- For inspiration, visit the Reflections virtual art gallery and learn more about prizes and scholarships at PTA.org/Reflections/Awards.
- A Reflections box has been placed in the Seminole High School. To view the box - click here.
- We encourage all students to submit their entries by November 15th.
- You can also email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To view entry requirements - click here.
PTSA Board Members
- President: Vanessa Breedlove
- Vice President: Cynthia Jones
- Recording Secretary: Audrey Portis
- Corresponding Secretary: Sandra Reddecliff
- Treasurer: Karen Mazzola
- Administrative Liasons: Shelly Prom (S.A.M.) and Marc Pitters (Assistant Principal)
Find your niche on a committee. This year's committees include:
- Budget Committee (includes Teacher Mini Grants)
- Membership Committee
- Hospitality Committee (Teacher/Staff Appreciation)
- Mr. and Miss Seminole High School Junior Scholarhip Program
- Reflections (Art) Program
- Senior Parking Painting
- Student Success Committee (includes College & Scholarship Center)
- PTSA Scholarship