Seminole HS PTSA Mission
- To support and speak on behalf of Children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
We invite you to become a member and work with us this year. By joining PTSA, you add your voice to a powerful national organization that advocates for all of our children. At Seminole, the members of PTSA collaborate with administration, guidance, teachers, and other student and parent groups to help enrich the experiences of students, bring valuable resources to parents, and assist the teachers and staff who give so much to our kids each day.
Interested in becoming a PTSA member? Download the PTSA Membership application. Cash, checks made out to SHS PTSA, and credit cards are accepted. Membership is only $8 per person.
Some of the projects we are proud to support for the 2018-2019 school year:
- New Scholarship & College Center
- Miss SHS Scholarship Competition
- Mini-grants for teachers
- Teacher appreciation events
- Sponsor College Night in conjunction with SHS Guidance Department
- Sponsor Coffee with the Counselors in conjunction with SHS Guidance Department
- Host a legislative Q & A at SHS
- Noles Senior Parking Fundraiser
PTSA Board Members
- President: Vinod Sharma
- Vice President: Karen Mazzola
- Recording Secretary: Jenny Wadley
- Corresponding Secretary: Julie Lashbrook
- Treasurer: Cynthia Jones
- Administrative Liasons: Shelly Prom (S.A.M.) and Marc Pitters (Assistant Principal)
2018-2019 Meeting Schedule
Meetings are typically the third Thursday of each month at 7PM, following the SAC meeting, in the Media Center. All PTSA members are welcome to attend any meeting of the association. There are three *General Membership Meetings at which voting rights may be exercised by the general membership.
- August 16*
- September 20
- October 18
- November 15
- January 17
- February 21
- March TBD
- April 18
- May 16*
Can't make a meeting? You can support PTSA with donations, volunteering at events, or even simply by becoming a member. We'll send you emails and updates throughout the year.
Find your niche on a committee. This year's committees include:
- Budget Committee (includes Teacher Mini Grants)
- Membership Committee
- Hospitality Committee
- Miss Seminole High School Event Committee
- Reflections Contest Committee
- Senior Parking Painting Fundraiser Committee
- Student Success Committee (includes College & Scholarship Center)
Please contact us at SHS.PTSA@gmail.com if you have questions or to learn more about getting involved.