The International Baccalaureate Program at Seminole High School is an officially recognized affiliate member of the International Baccalaureate Organization.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program is a demanding pre-university course of study that is designed for highly motivated secondary school students between ages 16 and 19. The program has earned a reputation for rigorous assessment, helping IB diploma holders access the world’s leading universities.
The Diploma Program's grading system is criterion-referenced, meaning each student’s performance is measured against well-defined levels of achievement. IB grades on a 1 to 7 scale, with 7 being the highest score attainable. To earn the IB Diploma a student must earn a minimum of 24 points in six subjects, complete CAS activities, complete the Theory of Knowledge course, and write an original 4000 word research paper (extended essay).
Seminole High School’s IB magnet program is open to all students in Seminole County who apply by a set deadline regardless of middle school grades and test scores. We currently offer 18 IB subjects at the standard and higher levels.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma:
- A rigorous pre-university course of study.
- An internationally recognized liberal arts curriculum incorporating humanities, mathematics and sciences.
- An emphasis on international understanding, responsible citizenship and life-long learning.
- A complete 4-year diploma program marked by critical thinking, creative expression and writing across the curriculum.
- Designed for the highly motivated college-bound student seeking educational challenges
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE